Sunday, June 23, 2013

"I have a plan for you!"

I cannot actually say how many times people have asked me the same question. "Why Nepal?" I love being asked that question because it brings me back the place where I first received the calling to go to Nepal. 
Before I even get into that I do want to say how awesome God is, I mean really. He has a plan for each of us. There have been so many times in my life that that statement seemed far fetched and unreal. But let me tell you, it is truth.  Jeremiah 29:11 gives us a more eloquent way of saying that He has actually known the plan for you before you were even formed in your mothers belly. A beautiful God. A very beautiful and loving God. 

Just a bit of background, I have always (as long as I can remember) toyed around with the idea of teaching overseas. Then around 5 years ago now, (when I accepted Jesus to be my Lord and Savior) I started to feel an intense call to be a missionary as well. 

So, why Nepal? 
I was there once before. I went as a Team Leader with a mission organization named Global Expeditions. I was there for one month and as much as I wanted to "happen" to Nepal, that is not what happened at all. No, Nepal happened to me. This one month experience changed me deeper than any other encounter I have ever faced in my entire life. 
Since the moment we arrived in the country, I felt this inner calling telling me this is where I needed to be. I felt safe there, an inner belonging that I do not feel anywhere else. Yes, I have been many other places that were amazing and I feel blessed to have gone. However, nothing has affected me like Nepal did. 
I saw the need in Nepal and that is a part of the reason I felt called to return. But the truth is, I am so broken for the country that I dont know that I could go anywhere else. 


There is a book in the Bible about a prophet named Jonah. God called him to do something crazy and he tried to flee from it. I believe that the call on my life to go to Nepal is so strong that if I did anything else, I would find this deep longing and feeling of disobedience.

The call will be wild, it will be great and it will be full of Him. 

I need all the prayer I can get, folks!

I leave on July 7th, but I am taking a detour to visit my brother and so I will not arrive in Nepal until August 2nd. Please be praying for safe travels! I will be updating as much as possible. Thank you and praise be to the Messiah!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Experience with Covid-19

As I write this blog, I am thinking about the song "10,000 reasons" by Matt Redman. A song about gratefulness and I can say with f...